2022 Registration Form
|Swimmer ages 5-14||$100.00 each swimmer|
|Swimmer ages 15-18||$15.00 each swimmer|
Included in registration fees, each child will receive the following:
- 8 fun-filled weeks of swimming instruction and 6 consecutive, weekly dual-team swim meets.
- Qualified Coaching Staff. Our Coaches are SafeSport Trained Lifeguards. They are all past or current TSA swimmers for 10+ years. They have experience as high school swim team members and/or year-round swimmers. They have experience in coaching various local swim clinics and each has previous experience teaching swim lessons to young children through Bedford or other organizations.
- 2022 Bedford Sharks Swim Team T-shirt and Swim Cap
- End of Season Recognition Award
- End of Season Swim Banquet
** When you register your child(ren), you are agreeing to work at 3 swim meets. The Bedford Sharks will appreciate and welcome you to help above and beyond 3 meets, but 3 meets is the minimum requirement of each swim team family. If you are unable to fulfill this commitment, please respect this requirement and do not sign your child up for the team**
Please note the swimmers’ requirements for being eligible to be a swim team member (suggested age and ability).
At least 4-5 years of age and able to swim one length of the lap pool unassisted.
All swimmers will be evaluated by the coaching staff during the first week of practice. The coaching staff will evaluate your swimmer(s) during the first week and if they feel your child is not capable of swimming well enough to be safe during swim team practices, they will discuss it with you. A good guideline for you to go by when deciding whether they will pass the coach’s evaluation or not would be if they can make it from one end of the pool to the other unassisted. The coaches are well practiced at being able to determine if a swimmer is close enough to this goal and strong enough to be safe in the water during a regular swim team practice session.
**If you are unsure how close your child is to swimming an entire length of the pool, it would be a good idea to visit one of the indoor pools in the area to give it a try. Millbrook Exchange Park, Optimist…these are two of the closest. The safety of all swimmers is the main concern of our coaches and organizational team, followed closely by the desire for everyone to HAVE FUN!! Please be respectful of their considered opinions and supportive of our coaches in making sure your child(ren) are ready for a safe and fun summer participating in swim team.